Tuesday, April 01, 2008


While embroidering the border of a skirt can tend to give the body a shorter look, using triangular designs at the hemline can actually have an elongating effect. I chose to create the same design in two different sizes along the hem of this skirt, to acheive this effect. The individual design was created by combining three different designs from my "Fantastic Flora' collection. I then repeated, reversed, r-sized and moved them until I came up with a pleasing triangular shape. I then copied the entire design, placed it in the second location and re-sized and rotated the entire design to create my smaller triangular design. I then alternated them along the hem until the grament was finished. Please note that all of the designs in this collection are low in stitch count, so it is a perfect candidate for this large an embroidery. To see all of the designs in this collection go to www.kenparsonsdesigns.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home