Wednesday, May 09, 2007






I just figured out how to place multiple images into one post, which allows me to talk you thorugh the process of creating the gray blouse with black embroidered stylized flowers and leaves. I mentioned in my post earlier this morning.
The purpose of this design project was to show you how you can create a powerful and exciting embroidered design using a single color thread.
I first chose the garment I was going to place the embroidery upon and defined the area that the embroidery would occupy. The next step was to choose designs from my design library which would work well together to create a design to fit within this shape. The first design I chose because it fit nicely into the top of the trianguar location area.
I then added the central design element from which I would build my design from the inside outward.
Next I added the first leaf motif and copied it and pasted it on both the left and right sides of the central motif. Of course the right side was reflected to make it symmetrical.
I repeated the procedure for the second smaller leaf.
I then added the last motif which is a stylized flower with leaves, again duplicated and relflected the duplicate to create a finished symmetrical design which ocuplies my original triangular location.
The final step was to select the entire design and change all of the colors to black.
I think the finshed design succssfully accomplishes my original design goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home