Monday, April 30, 2007

As a magazine editor I could never understand how people could let magazine issues pile up unread. As a former magazine editor I find myself doing the exact same thing as it has fallen down a few rungs on my ladder of priorities. Over the weekend I finally had the chance to read Womens Wear Daily's special accessories issue for the Spring 2007 season. While it was interesting what I considered to be a good compilation of what we will see at retail for this season, there was a section that I found particularly interesting.
I am currently writing an article to be emailed to my subscriber list about how much of an impact fine artworks have had on embroidery and still continue to influence it.
Coincidentally there was an article starting on page 102 called "Visual Arts- Spring's accessories take inspiration from major art movements".
This article illustrate how art movements from the impressionists to pop art are clearly influencing accessory design for the current season. The article is not available online unless you are a paid subscriber (www.wwd.com) but if you can locate an issue it is a very interesting read.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home