Thursday, April 26, 2007


After I finished posting yesterday I remembered another influence for the Summer 2008 season and that was Op Art. i'm sure you remember this art movement that used color combinations and geometic shapes to create tension and optical illusions.
On another subject, I found a picture yesterday which reminded me of a visit to an embroidery museum called the Ferenczy Museum in the town of Szentendre jusy outside of Budabest while on vacation about ten years ago.
I stumbled upon it purely by accident as a matter of fact my wife nd I had just purchased some embroidered napkins the day before while touring Budapest. After doing a little bit of research I found out that the embroidery tradition in Hungry is very young at only about 150 or 200 years so it'd very interesting that it is so prevelent and even has at least one museum devoted to it. I have enclosed a picture of a typical embroidery design.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home