Wednesday, December 19, 2007


You can use color to create harmony and subtlety in your designs. This can easily be achieved by choosing a color palette from only one side of the color wheel. In the example above I took my color cues from the base color of the garment. I then chose a lighter green and a green blue to make up most of my design. To create a little bit of interest I chose to embroider the flowers in maroon with yellow centers. This creates a a very harmonious and pleasing design with just a hint of excitement. Try using your color wheel the next time you plan out a design and see how much easier the whole prococess becomes. To see all of the designs in my "Dress Up Your Designs" collection go to www.kenparsonsdesigns.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home